It was in 2011 when I first visited Kawasan falls, a waterfalls located in Badian City in the southern part of Cebu. It is a 3 hour bus ride from the center of Cebu which is quite exhausting.
Together with a bunch of students and friends, we ventured to Kawasan and hired a van. It was only a day trip; an exhausting yet a satisfying trip.
We rode the van for 3 hours, hiked for about 4o minutes and stayed in the place for 2 hours. There were 3 waterfalls to choose from and we stayed in the first falls.
And here are my memories of the trip.
It was my first trip and I visited the place once again the year after that. And I do hope to come back next time.
If you plan to visit the place, read the following:
1. If you go by bus, go to SOUTH BUS TERMINAL. Find the bus with a sign BADIAN.
2. There are airconditioned and non-airconditioned buses with small difference in rate. The rate would cost from Php 80 to Php100.
3. You will stop infront of a church.
4. People there will offer services as a tour guide and will walk with you towards the falls. Be careful with the pay.
5. You can ride on a motorbike if you don’t fancy hiking.
6. When reaching the place, you continue going up to see the 2nd and the 3rd falls.
7. You can choose which place to say and have your waterfall massage.
8. Food and drink prices there are way expensive so you can bring your own food if you desire.
9. There are rooms for rent situated in the area if you wish to spend the night there.
10. In going back, you don’t need to go to any terminal. Just wait for the bus to come and it will bring you back home.
I hope these would help. Enjoy your trip.